By kind permission of the Masters of the Belvoir, Cottesmore, Quorn and Meynell & South Staffs Hunts, members of the Melton Hunt Club who have paid their Hunting Subscription to the Club for the current season by standing order may have a limited number of reduced-rate capped days hunting as follows:
- if you do not live within any of the first three of the hunting countries above: two days with each Hunt
- if you do live in one of these hunting countries: one day with each Hunt
How to bookEach day must be booked in advance with MHC Secretary (see the Contact page) and not the appropriate Hunt Secretary.
Until you have booked, please do NOT approach the Hunt Secretary directly: your request and booking MUST be via MHC Secretary.
Payment for Meynell & South Staffs reduced-rate caps must be made to MHC as usual; payment for the other three Hunts' caps must be made direct to them, but if you pay online here this is handled automatically.
- You should email MHC Secretary specifying the Hunt, day and date (and further names if you are booking for a group)
- MHC Secretary will check that:
- you and any additional names are MHC members and have paid their current Hunting membership subscription by standing order
- you and any additional names have not exceeded their 'days' reduced-cap allowance (see above) with that Hunt
- there are still "MHC spaces" available on your chosen day. The Hunts allow a maximum of 6 spaces per day (on 'special' days it may be less or even none), and if you are too late to book one of these spaces you could contact the Hunt directly and pay a full cap.
- MHC Secretary will then contact the appropriate Hunt Secretary for his/her approval
- MHC Secretary will then email you to offer a provisional place for that day and with a booking number
- You then pay your cap. If you are paying online (see below), you pay MHC for M&SSH caps, and direct to the appropriate Hunt for Belvoir, Cottesmore and Quorn caps. You will find it easiest to pay the cap online where these different payment arrangements are handled automatically and you receive quick confirmation. But for M&SSH caps, you can if you wish post a cheque payable to "The Melton Hunt Club" (with a brief supplementary note) to the Chairman's address given in the Contact page. MHC will expect to receive your cheque within three working days; if not, your provisional place may be cancelled and offered to someone else as places are very limited.
- If you are subsequently unable to hunt, you should notify MHC Secretary as soon as possible so that your place may be given to somebody else. Anyone giving less than 48 hours notice of cancellation will not have their cap refunded. Caps will, however, be refunded if that day's hunting is subsequently cancelled by the Hunt but not if the day is cut short or starts late. Where a different rate applies to a two-horse and one-horse day and the Hunt subsequently announces in advance that a particular two-horse day for which you have paid will become a one-horse day, you may apply to MHC Secretary (for M&SSH caps) or the appropriate Hunt Secretary (Belvoir, Cottesmore and Quorn caps) for a refund of the difference
Cap pricesThe reduced-rate cap prices for 2018-19 are:
- Monday or Friday £85
- Tuesday £50
- Tuesday £85
- Saturday £55
- Thursday £40
- Saturday £90
- Tuesday and Thursday £55
- Saturdays & Derbyshire £75
- All other days £50
Online paymentAfter being given your provisional place by MHC secretary, you can pay the appropriate cap online here using a credit card, debit card or PayPal by first clicking the 'button' of the relevant Hunt from the list below. You will then be shown how to pay.
Meynell & South Staffs Hunts reduced-rate bookingsPlease pay MHC for your M&SS cap by:
- entering the reduced cap amount (without a £-sign — e.g. 75.00) in the first box below, and
- the day and date for which you have requested a place (e.g. 'Tuesday 11th November') in the second box. If you would like the Hunt Secretary to contact you if there are changes to the meet or second horse venues or meet time, please add your mobile phone number (e.g. Tuesday 11th November 07973 123456)
- entering the provisional booking reference number (e.g. M011612) given you by MHC Secretary into the third box
- filling in your Countryside Alliance membership number and the name of the Hunt to which you normally subscribe, then
- clicking the Pay button
If you have asked for places for more than one person (for the same Hunt and day), please enter the total amount due: MHC Secretary will know from your original email the names for whom you are booking. But please do not try to pay for more than one day (e.g. "Tuesday 11th November and Saturday 15th November") in one transaction.
You will be presented with confirmation of your payment amount and asked to provide some further information.
When your payment is complete, the system will immediately email you a receipt. This is copied to MHC Secretary and M&SSH Secretary so that the latter will know to expect you. But when you turn up to hunt, please give the Hunt Secretary a copy of the payment receipt.
Please do not make any payment until you have received a provisional place from MHC Secretary.
If you have a confirmed booking but have queries about the meet venue, parking, second horse venue and the like, please contact M&SSH Secretary (via the M&SSH website) and not MHC. And please note that by booking an MHC reduced-rate cap, you are giving permission for MHC to pass on to M&SSH any information you provide when you book.